FRESH STUFF. FIRST LOOK. NEW WRITING.
Following its success in 2019, our festival of new work – REP STRIPPED is back!
From live readings and gig theatre to promenade performances and scratch nights, the Rep is transformed to present work both on our stage and behind the scenes in different and unusual spaces throughout the theatre. Featuring a diverse range of exciting, cutting-edge work from some of the country’s most innovative creative voices, REP STRIPPED gives you a first peek and unique opportunity to see new ideas and experimental work in the early stages of development.
Taking place between Wed 1 June and Sat 4 June, join us for 4 days showcasing the best as-yet-unseen stories right here in Dundee.
Every 10 minutes a pair of audience members will enter a kind of labyrinth. They will be guided through a series of intimate, highly interactive encounters in different and unique spaces throughout the building – each distinct, yet each adding to an appreciation of the whole.
Cartography has been devised by participants on the Waypoint-1 project and with the direction of Fringe First, Herald Angel and Total Theatre Award winner, Al Seed. Waypoint-1 is a Scotland-wide project supporting and promoting the work of early-career performance makers. Its core purpose is to deliver one-on-one mentorship programmes, lasting up to a year. Waypoint-1 is delivered by Al Seed Productions in partnership with Dundee Rep Theatre and Scottish Dance Theatre.
Age Recommendation: 18+.
- This is a mobile performance in which audiences will be moving around different small rooms within the Rep building. Audiences will encounter 5 live performers. You may wish to take an LF test on the morning of attending the show, and/or wear a mask during the performance.
- Audiences will experience the show in pairs. If you purchase a single ticket, please be aware that you will experience the show in the company of one other audience member who you will not know.
- The show is presented in time-specific slots – please arrive at the Rep building at least 15 minutes prior to your designated slot.
- Blindfolding and being barefoot (easily removable footwear advised).
- Hand to hand contact with performers (hand sanitising stations are provided in the venue and performers will be sanitising between performances).
- The handling of objects also handled by performers (these, and surfaces, are sanitised between performances).
- Eating and drinking (all ingredients will be signposted).
- The handling of tomatoes
- If you are hearing or sight impaired you will get the most from your visit by attending with a trusted companion. Once you have booked your pair of tickets, please email [email protected] to inform them of your name and the time slot you have booked. This will allow appropriate adjustments to be made for your visit.
- If you are a wheelchair user you will get the most from your visit by attending with a trusted companion. Please contact our Box Office to book your tickets. There are special wheelchair-friendly performance slots starting at 1.30-2pm on Saturday 4 June. Please email [email protected] for further details.
- If you have are considering buying a ticket for Cartography and have any concerns or questions, Box Office staff will be delighted to assist. Please email in the first instance: [email protected].
FRI 3 & SAT 4 JUNE, 9.30PM & 10.30PM
On both Friday and Saturday evening, settle in for Scratch Night in our Rep Café/Bar. This unique evening of short performance pieces gives you an opportunity to enjoy a range of devised work from local performing artists, bringing their best new work - some for the very first time.
For our full 4-day Rep Stripped festival schedule, click here.