- How to watch
- Watching on your TV
- Video not playing, or buffering a lot?
- Common technical questions
- Access options / accessibility questions
- About my purchase
- Other frequently asked questions
A note about email confirmations: it may say 'These items can be picked up from the Box Office'. This is automated wording from our ticketing system which you can ignore. There is nothing you need to collect from Box Office.
How to watch
- Buy a ticket for your chosen performance.
- You can watch on any device with an internet connection and browser. To do this visit the show's webpage at your chosen date and time or click the “Stream Now” button.
- Enter your email address and the password you used to sign up with.
- Once logged in your video will appear.
If you have purchased a ticket, logged in to the site, and the stream does not appear to be loading, we recommend clearing your web browser’s cache and cookies, then restarting your browser and logging in again. If this is unsuccessful, try using a different web browser.
I bought a digital programme. How do I access it? Once logged into the stream page you will see a link to download your copy of the digital programme. If you are unable to download your programme contact [email protected]
Watching on your TV
I want to watch the show on my TV, how do I do this? We cannot guarantee the compatibility with all smart TV browsers. We recommend logging into your Dundee Rep account on a laptop or PC and connecting your laptop to your TV via an HDMI cable to watch on the big screen.
I want to cast the show to my TV, how do I do that? On your Chromebook, or Mac or PC running Google Chrome or Apple Safari, right-click on the video and hit 'cast', or find the casting symbol on the player. We recommend attempting to cast only to the latest generations of Apple TV and Chromecast devices.
Video not playing, or buffering a lot?
Here are some ideas to try if your show is not playing properly on your browser:
- Do you have lots of tabs open on your browser? Try closing them to free up some system resources and then restart your browser.
- No extra tabs? Restart your browser anyway.
- Try an alternative browser. If it's not working on Safari, try Chrome or Edge or Firefox and vice versa.
- Clear your browser cache.
- Restart your device.
- Restart your router.
- Check if there are other apps or other devices using a lot of bandwidth in your home (and stop them).
- Update your device's OS to the latest version. Same with your browser.
- Uninstall unnecessary toolbars on your browser.
- On an iPhone, if you're getting just a black screen with controls, but no picture, try hitting the full-screen button. iOS has a built-in video player that sits on top of web-players like ours and can improve stability, but only kicks in when full-screen.
- The show may need some time to buffer, especially during busy periods (evenings, weekends), so leave the video loading for a couple of minutes and then try to play.
- Try an alternative device.
- We recommend that you try and watch using an internet connection with a speed of at least 5Mbps.
Common Technical Issues
The video isn't loading or appearing on my browser. What do I do? Our player is built in HTML5, and is designed for the latest browsers. Ensure that you are running a modern browser like Google Chrome, Apple Safari, Microsoft Edge, or Mozilla Firefox on a modern operating system like Windows 10 or MacOS Catalina, or are running the latest update for your mobile device.
My browser is up to date but I'm still not seeing the video. Try closing our website, clearing your browser cache and logging in again. Alternatively, try opening the streaming page in an incognito or private window. If you still can't see the video, email us here, and we will try and work with you to find an answer as soon as possible.
The video is buffering a lot while I'm watching. What do I do? In the first instance, check your internet connection is working and stable. If that is working fine, try refreshing the page (you may need to login again). If it still not working, please let us know via email here and we will try and resolve the buffering issue as soon as possible.
The show has only just launched and is struggling to load. It may be buffering because you are watching at a peak time with lots of other viewers. In the first instance, try waiting a few minutes and trying again. If this issue continues, please email us here
The whole webpage for the show I want to watch isn't loading. This will be because of a spike in traffic. First, try refreshing the page. If that doesn't resolve it, wait a few minutes and trying again.
I paused and went away for a few minutes and the page refreshed, now I have to login again - why? To avoid accidental purchases, our customer accounts have a time-out. While you are on a page watching On Demand content, this will not affect you, but in some rare circumstances, if a webpage refreshes, the paywall may ask you to login again to access the show you were watching.
I was watching a show quite happily, and now it's just stopped working, what do I do? Refresh the webpage a couple of times and the new player should load in (you may have to login again).
I've read the FAQ and I'm still having trouble watching content I've bought. Don't worry, we're committed to getting the shows you've bought to you. We are quite a small team at the moment, so please email us with the issues you're experiencing and one of our team will get back to you as soon as possible. There is a possibility this may take hours or even more than a day, but please be patient, we will definitely find a way for you to enjoy the content you have bought. For example, if your 72 hours expires before we have a chance to help you, we will renew the rental free of charge.
Access options (where available)
How do I watch with Subtitles? Once you have logged in and have the video stream on your screen, hover over the bottom right of the video and you will see ‘CC off’. Click this, and click ‘English and subtitles will now be showing in the video.
How do I watch with Audio Description or British Sign Language? Once you have logged in at your show start time, you will be able to select these options if they are available. Once you have logged in and have the video stream on your screen, you will see an option to watch with Audio Description or British Sign Language.
If you have any issues with Subtitles, Audio Description or British Sign Language please email [email protected]
About my purchase
Is it available to viewers outside the UK?
Yes it is. Wherever you live, you can watch Rep Studios content.
Any other questions
If you have any other questions please contact our box office via [email protected] and a member of the team will get back to you.
Updated December 2021